Now when I first saw this it was called cauliflower popcorn! Let’s set the record straight, popcorn this is NOT! However, it is a nice little nibble if you fancy a snack but don’t want to ruin your weight loss goals or spike your blood sugar. I have adapted the recipe to make it better than the original, it’s now tastier and has protein in it so you can enjoy a sweet treat without the negative health effects.
- Chop up one head of cauliflower into small pieces and put it on a roasting tray
- Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of honey
- Lightly grind seasalt over the cauliflower
- Add 3 tablespoons of mixed seeds – pumpkin / sunflower / sesame seeds
- Mix the whole lot together and spread it out over the tray
- Put it in the oven on 200 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes
- Turn it and put back in for a further 10-15 minutes
If you’d like to learn more about healthy eating and the beneficial effects that it can have on your health please give us a call to see how we can help.