This asparagus and egg lentil salad is a great little veggie dish packed full of nutrients and extremely tasty too! We should all try and get more vegetables into our diets, research shows that diets high in vegetables are the healthiest and are best for longevity.
2 cups of lentils
3 spring onions
10 plum tomatoes
1/4 clove garlic
14 asparagus tips
- Soak the lentils overnight to remove phytates and saponins that upset the gut
- Remove the water and put them in a pan with fresh water and boil for 40 minutes
- Whilst they boil, cut up the onions and tomatoes and crush the garlic
- Add these to the lentils when they have finished boiling
- Put the 2 eggs in cold water and when boiling continue for 6 minutes
- Peel them, quarter and pop them on the top of the lentil salad
- Steam the asparagus for 5 minutes or longer if you prefer it softer and when finished add it to the top of the salad
You really can add anything to this that you fancy, mushrooms cold or cooked, dried cranberries, capers, peppers. The list goes on….
If you’re interested in healthy eating or improving your diet to overcome certain health issues but don’t know where to start book a session here now to take the first step.