Now some may think this is a bit weird but actually using cauliflower as the base for bruschetta works really well and actually is really tasty. For those of us who are gluten free and are striving to avoid all processed food its a win win!
Ingredients for 2 people
1 small head cauliflower
8/9 plum mushrooms
1/2 tub pomegranates
1 large handful of rocket
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp coconut oil
- Slice the cauliflower across in 1.5cm thick wedges
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and melt the coconut oil on a baking tray
- Place the cauliflower on the tray and roast on one side for 10 mins before turning and roasting for 10 mins on the other side
- Whilst that’s roasting chop the onion finely and fry off in a frying pan with a little coconut oil for 5 minutes
- Add the chopped mushrooms for a further 5 and then add the chopped tomatoes and garlic salt and fry for a further 5 mins
- Split the cauliflower between two plates and divide the rocket between them and pop it on top of the cauliflower before adding the cooked mixture
- Cut the avocado in half, de-stone it and cut into chunks before adding it to the top of the bruschetta
- Sprinkle over some pomegranate seeds and your done so enjoy!
This can be enjoyed on any gluten or dairy free diet or just if you’re wanting to eat healthier. If you’d like more information on how to change your diet to feel better book your session here now.