Meatballs and whatever!
My kids love meatballs and they’re a quick and easy tea to throw together at the last minute when life’s getting hectic! You can either make the meatballs yourself or buy them pre made to make it even easier. I usually buy venison meatballs but occasionally, if I’ve more time, I make turkey meatballs. Vension is a really lean meat and a great alternative to beef.
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1tsp coconut oil
1 tsp mixed herbs
Small handful parsley
(Optional: 1/4 tsp chilli powder)
- Put the meatballs in an oven proof dish and cook in the oven on 180 degrees for 15 minutes
- Chop the onion and fry it off with the coconut oil
- Throw in the tomatoes, passata, mixed herbs, chilli powder (if desired) and bring them up to the boil
- Add in the meatballs and simmer for another 10 minutes to reduce the sauce and make it thicker
- Serve with wholemeal pasta, gluten free pasta, a green salad or with courgette spirals (either raw or quickly fried off in a tsp of coconut oil)
- Chop up the parsley and sprinkle it over the top
This can be eaten as part of the Food Physio weight loss programme or any other healthy eating plan. If you want to feel better by eating healthier book your individual nutritional therapy assessment here.