Mushroom & Spinach Soup
Want a delicious nutrient full soup that you can make in under 20 minutes? Look no further! This soup could not be simpler.
- 1/2 – 1 punnet of mushrooms (depends on personal preference)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1/2 mug of quinoa
- 1 dessert spoon of coconut oil
- 1 gluten free stock cube
- Cut the onion and fry in the base of a pan with the coconut oil till clear
- Roughly chop the mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes with the onion
- Add the coconut milk, 1/2 a mug of quinoa and the stock cube to the saucepan
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the quinoa is cooked
- Throw in the spinach just before you turn off the heat, blend
- Serve with wholemeal bread or gluten free oatcakes
If you don’t like spinach, would you believe rocket makes a really tasty alternative! The quinoa is in there to add protein so that it is more filling, you can leave it out if you want to. For an alternate protein throw a small handful of mixed seeds on top to give it some crunch. Enjoy!
This can be eaten as part of The Food Physio weight loss programme. If you’d like to start loosing weight now and keep it off click here to start the 21 day challenge.