Salmon and Roast peppers
Healthy food doesn’t have to be a pain to make and this recipe is a great example of that… Salmon is a brilliant source of protein that’s also full of healthy fats and peppers are packed with vitamins to ensure you get a great meal that’s quick and easy to make. Perfect!
2 pave of salmon
1/2 red pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 green pepper
Sprig of basil
You can actually use whatever veg you like. Red onions work well, as do courgettes, carrot or cauliflower.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Melt a dessert spoon of coconut oil in a baking tray
- Cut the peppers up into strips (or any other veg that you have) and put them in the baking tray
- Mix them around to cover them in oil, season to taste with a little bit of himilayan salt and / pepper
- Cook for 20 minutes
- Lightly fry off the top and bottom of the salmon to brown the surface
- Pop the salmon in the oven, squeeze half a lemon over it and cook for 15 minutes
- Take it out, plate it up and put a sprig of basil on to garnish, enjoy!
You will need to cook harder vegetables for longer. For example carrots and cauliflower. Courgettes and red onions will take 20 minutes like the peppers.
This can be eaten as part of The Food Physio Weight Loss Programme. To sign up, click here and improve your health one bite at a time!