Stuffed Mushrooms & Salad
Here’s a great lunch or a snacky tea that doesn’t take an age to make and is tasty too! Its gluten and dairy free so fine for anyone avoiding those foods.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
4 portobello mushrooms
1 small leek
1/2 red pepper
4 large sundried tomatoes
1 normal tomato
1 garlic bulb
50 ml coconut cream
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
Mixed salad leaves
Dressing : olive oil, balsamic vinegar
- Take the stalk out of the middle of the mushrooms and chop them up finely
- Place them on an oven tray and cook in the oven on 180 degrees Celsius for 20 mins
- Chop up the leek and the anchioves before frying them off in a little coconut oil for 5 mins
- Add to it the chopped red pepper, tomato, sundried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar
- Then crush the garlic and add it in too as well as the coconut cream and pine nuts
- Fry it all off for another 5 mins
- A little water will appear on the mushrooms as they cook, tip it off and add the filling to them
- Put 2 handfuls of mixed leaves on a plate and splash on a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a dressing
- Put the mushrooms on the salad and eat up!
If you’re not dairy free you could sprinkle on some parmesan to the top of the mushrooms before serving or if you are, you could add 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast when you switch off the heat and mix it in .
Enjoy this recipe as part of The Food Physio Weight Loss Programme, click here to sign up now.