Tomato & Basil Soup
A quick and easy soup to make, packed full of goodness and minimum effort! It’s got quinoa in it to make it more filling (as quinoa is protein) so you can enjoy this for lunch and not feel hungry an hour later.
1 dessert spoon of coconut oil
1 tin of tomatoes
1 stock cube
2 large sprigs of basil
1/2 mug of quinoa
- Roughly chop the onion and put it in a saucepan with the coconut oil
- Fry off till the onion is clear
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and add to the pan
- Add the tin of tomatoes and the quinoa
- Top up with boiling water and add the stock cube (I use a gluten free one)
- Bring to boil, then simmer for 15 minutes
- Turn off the heat, throw in the basil and blend it up
- Eat with wholemeal bread or oatcakes
This can be eaten as part of the Food Physio weight loss programme and other healthy eating plans. Click here to get the help you need to change your diet now and start feeling better!